The benefits of massaging are countless, and not only helps alleviate tired and sore muscles, but is an important bonding tool that helps increase intimacy between couples.
A great massage is blissful to receive, but to give one is equally as satisfying and enjoyable. Knowing that you have provided an intense experience to your partner, as well as providing a sense of well-being, relaxation and stimulation.
For neglected relationships, making time to relax together and share in full body massage can help rebuild and reinforce a close bond, and it also promotes a feeling of trust and understanding between a couple.
A sensual massage has healing properties, both physical and emotional. Physically, it will improve circulation and blood flow, and improve flexibility. Emotionally, it will make you feel invigorated, restored and renewed, and gain a deepened relationship with your partner.
Don’t run out and enroll yourself in yourself in a Tantric Massage Course. You do not need to be a trained professional to be able to give a satisfying massage. All you need is a beautiful massage oil of massage bar, and be willing to spend the time to explore your partner’s body.
Set the Mood
- Remove any distractions – turn off your mobile, and the television.
- Have a warm environment
- Light some fragrant candles
- Have your massage oil infused with your favorite fragrance or essential oil
- Ensure your hands are warm.
- Drizzle massage oil onto the skin, or place a massage bar on the skin to melt.
- Using circular motions, press firmly with one or two hands, starting with the muscular parts of the body ie: shoulders.
- Use your fingertips or the heel of your hand, depending on the pressure you want to apply. Avoid intense pressure or poking as this may cause discomfort and detract from the pleasure you want to promote.
- Keep constant contact with the skin.
- With the increased blood flow comes a feeling of relaxation and happiness. You will feel you partner relax, so continue with long sweeping strokes. Use your whole hand to continually loop around an entire section of the body, without losing contact with the skin, i.e. when massaging the back and shoulders, use one continuous stroke that starts above the buttocks, up the spine, continue out over the shoulders, then down the sides, ending back at the hips.
- Take your time. Do not rush. Enjoy exploring your partner’s body. The satisfaction you receive from giving your partner pleasure, will in turn please you.
Massage oil consists of a carrier oil, that is blended with pure essential oils, or fragrant oils. Some carrier oils are more easily absorbed into the skin and provide more benefits to the skin. Soya Bean Oil or Sweet Almond Oil are two carrier oils that are great for massaging. They provide deep moisturizing, and are packed with vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E, great for conditioning and softening the skin, as well as being anti-inflammatory.
Using a fragrant massage oil, such as a romantic blend, can set the mood, as well as having the ability to transport your mind to an exotic place. Fragrant oils do not have any therapeutic benefits, and are simply used for there aromatic properties.
A massage oil that has a blend of pure essential oils can have numerous added health benefits. Try using a Relaxation Massage oil, that will have essential oils included that are calming and soothing.
Essential Oils that have a relaxing effect are:
Lavender Essential Oil-relaxing, soothing, calming
Chamomile Roman Essential Oil-relieves stress, healing
Mandarin Essential Oil-refreshes, uplifting, strengthening
Bergamot Essential Oil-uplifting, restoring, energizing, anti-depressant
Vetiver Essential Oil-deeply relaxing, aphrodisiac
Rosemary Leaf Extract-stimulates circulation, promotes well-being
Put it on Your Calender:
Now you have the tips on what to do, make sure your massage time becomes your most important appointment of the week.
Our modern lives often don’t allow us to stop and concentrate on each other. So it’s up to you! Book an hour or two in you diary, and make massaging a regular engagement.