Yoga has the ability to inspire you and empower you to feel good about yourself. When you meditate you may find it hard to concentrate and still your mind. It takes many days of regular sitting to train your mind to stay focused on one point, whether that is your breath, a mantra or simply observing the sun rise every morning.
If you struggle to settle your mind on a singular point, then maybe one of the following seven inspirational yoga quotes will give you the boost needed to refocus and build up your meditation practice. If you are going through a particularly tough emotional time it can be hard to show up and do your physical yoga practice. However, it is still possible to find that touch of inspiration, calm and clarity through meditating on affirmations or inspirational quotes.
Seeds of wisdom are contained in yogic quotes which capture the true spirit and meaning of Yoga.
I trust this collection of my favourite yoga quotes inspire, uplift and motivate you.
Best 7 Inspirational Yoga Quotes To Inspire, Uplift And Encourage You To Maintain Your Yoga Practice
1.”Happiness is a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.” Nathaniel Hawthorne
2.”We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have ” Frederick Koenig
3. The most important pieces of equipment you need for doing yoga are your body and your mind. Rodney Lee
4. Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured. B.K. Lyengar
5. The meaning of our self is not to be found in its separateness from God and others, but in the ceaseless realization of yoga, of union; not on the side of the canvas where it is blank, but on the side where the picture is being painted. Rabindranath Tagore
6. You cannot do yoga. Yoga is your natural state. What you can do are yoga exercises, which may reveal to you where you are resisting your natural state. Sharon Gannon
7. Just for Now, without asking how, let yourself sink into stillness. Just for now, lay down the weight you so patiently bear upon your shoulders. Feel the earth receive you, and the infinite expanse of the sky grow even wider as your awareness reaches up to meet it. Just for now, allow a wave of breath to enliven your experience. Breathe out whatever blocks you from the truth. Just for now, be boundless, free, with awakened energy tingling in your hands and feet. Drink in the possibility of being who and what you really are – so fully alive that the world looks different, newly born and vibrant, just for now. Danna Faulds
When you are feeling low and in need of energy and inspiration, reflecting on the wider meaning of the above seven yoga quotes will inspire and keep you practicing your yoga.